For the archives, using SonoBus for Windows with OCR

Aman Singer

Dec 29, 2020, 3:06:23 PM12/29/20
to SonoBus Users

Hi all,

I have been posting with some issues using SonoBus as a blind user over the past few days. While the program is still quite difficult to use totally blind, it is somewhat possible using the screen reader’s OCR capability. I can’t seem to modify settings, but I can click connect, click in the window and type connection information, and use the recent groups list. It would still, of course, be very helpful to have some other way of interacting with the program, whether through URL autoconnect, file editing, etc, but on Windows at least, a blind user may want to try using the OCR capability of the screen reader as a kind of hit and miss process to get things running to some extent. Both Jaws and NVDA, the two main screen readers for Windows, have rudimentary OCR capability.

Aman