Sonobus freezes in Linux

DMM

Nov 12, 2022, 12:23:56 PM11/12/22
to SonoBus Users
I have using Sonobus since it was first released with very little problems until now.

For some reason, now when I open the program, it will immediately freeze and there is nothing that I can do with my computer except reboot.

I'm using an older, dual core, Linux machine running AV Linux with 8 gigs of ram. (the same thing happened with Ubuntu Studio)

In searching for a solution, I found another user who mentioned that setting your audio buffer size too low will cause a problem. And while I found that sometime this helped, other times it didn't.

What confuses me is that this never used to happen when using some of the older versions of the program. So, I'm wondering if something has changed in the program itself that would cause this issue. (i.e. Sonobus now needs more system resources that before?)

I would like to know if anyone else has encountered this problem and if so, can anyone give me any suggestions on how to deal with it.

Thanks in advance.