Transmitting a 5.1 session

Kirke Godfrey

Mar 30, 2021, 8:46:53 PM3/30/21
to SonoBus Users
Hi all,
I'm trying to set up and transmit a5.1 session from LogicX …

I have tried a series of combinations of 6 times single Mono and a combined 5.1 connections and hit issues with the monitoring coming back as a set of stereos

Before i go deep on the setup, has anyone here been doing surround transmitting and receiving ?

Thanks All,
Cheers Kirke

Jesse Chappell

Mar 30, 2021, 8:50:56 PM3/30/21
to Kirke Godfrey, SonoBus Users
You need to make sure the channel group(s) in the Input Mixer in SonoBus are set up correctly, can you post some screenshots of your setup and include one with the SonoBus plugin UI with the input mixer showing?

Jesse

Kirke Godfrey

Mar 30, 2021, 8:57:22 PM3/30/21
to SonoBus Users
Heroic,!   I think this is now working, i stupidly missed the option to Rout a 1-6 OUT as well.
Currently transmitting if ya want listen:+)

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 1.55.33 PM.png

Kirke Godfrey

Mar 30, 2021, 9:00:26 PM3/30/21
to SonoBus Users
Massive THANK YOU

Jesse Chappell

Mar 30, 2021, 9:01:51 PM3/30/21
to Kirke Godfrey, SonoBus Users
Looks good now, I’ll think about making the monitoring routing default to the right number of channels instead of always being stereo at first.

Jesse

Kirke Godfrey

Apr 1, 2021, 12:22:02 AM4/1/21
to SonoBus Users
Would the idea of Presets be plausible?

Jesse Chappell

Apr 1, 2021, 11:56:33 PM4/1/21
to Kirke Godfrey, SonoBus Users
You can save your own in the standalone version in the File menu (Save/Load Setup)... or in the plugin version by just saving presets using the DAW's built-in plugin settings save mechanism. The possibilities are endless so I think it's not very useful to presume anything with factory ones.

Jesse