1.4.4 and 1.4.5 crashes under Ubuntu Studio 20.04

Harry B

Apr 16, 2021, 5:46:43 AM4/16/21
to SonoBus Users
Hallo,

since the Updates 1.4.4 and 1.4.5 i have Problems with these Issues:

1.4.4 Starting the metronom or uploading audio-file als .ogg or .wav Sonobus crashes.

1.4.5 Metronom is now fine but the problem with the audio-files still remains.
Terminal:
Speicherzugriffsfehler (Speicherabzug geschrieben)

Is there any solution?

Harry B

Apr 16, 2021, 6:09:01 AM4/16/21
to SonoBus Users
I've forgotten.
Under Windows 10 everything is allright.

Jesse Chappell

Apr 16, 2021, 10:47:26 AM4/16/21
to Harry B, SonoBus Users
Can you describe the exact steps you do to get it to crash for the file-related thing? For instance, what buttons you press and when, etc...

Also, how did you install the application on Ubuntu, via the Debian packages we distribute, via Snap, or by building it yourself?

Thanks,
Jesse

Harry B

Apr 16, 2021, 11:34:53 AM4/16/21
to SonoBus Users
Hallo,
First of all. Thank you very much for the great work you all are doing.

I've build sonobus by doing "./build.sh" and so on. I took the package from https://github.com/sonosaurus/sonobus.
After Install i can start sonobus as well from terminal or desktop.
Now choosing the button for upload audio-file  i get a window for example "dolphin" to choose which file i like to upload. When i'm choosing a file (.ogg or .wav) and then click "open"
sonobus chrashes.
When i'm starting sonobus in  a terminal i see the Message after that with: "Speicherzugriffsfehler (Speicherabzug geschrieben)" German
In english i believe that means segmentation fault.
I've tried sonobus with similar configuration in 2 PC's. Both times sonobus chrashes.
Hope this will help a little

Jesse Chappell

Apr 16, 2021, 1:29:51 PM4/16/21
to Harry B, SonoBus Users
Thanks, I reproduced it here... fixing it now...

Jesse
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sonobus-users/752bc42b-8d76-4aab-9254-1639494a8357n%40googlegroups.com.

Jesse Chappell

Apr 17, 2021, 6:33:30 PM4/17/21
to Harry B, SonoBus Users
OK, fixed the issue in the 'develop' branch... do a 'git checkout
develop', then a 'git pull', and rebuild it...

Jesse

Harry B

Apr 18, 2021, 2:52:14 AM4/18/21
to SonoBus Users
Hallo Jesse

Great work. in the development package the problem is fixed and as far i can check out sonobus till today (without a next session (coming soon))
everything is working.
Thanks a lot
Harry