Newbie Questions

Oliver Johnson

May 17, 2022, 11:43:04 AM5/17/22
to SonoBus Users
I've just downloaded Sonobus but am struggling a bit in getting it to work.

Basically at one end I have my Windows Laptop running my DAW (SADiE) and I'm using the VST Plugin.

At the other end I have my Mac running the Sonobus App

When I connect I can hear my the mic on my Mac in SADiE and I can record directly into it.

What I want to be able to do though is to playback what I've recorded so that I can then hear it on my Mac but when I go into play, I hear nothing nor is any metering showing in the plugin. If however I add a sound file to the Soundboard in the VST plugin and play that, I hear it perfectly on my Mac.

I'm trying to see if I could use Sonobus to record a narrator into my DAW. When they make a mistake, I want to play them back to themselves and then drop back into record when they start speaking again. I also want to be able to give them talkback as well.

I don't know whether the fact I can't hear playback from SADiE on my Mac is anything to do with the fact that my Audio Interface for SADiE is an Audient iD22 which has four outputs but only outputs 1 & 2 show up either in the VST plugin or in the App despite me selecting the ASIO driver for it in the set-up.

Any ideas?