hearing myself, but via my stream partners audio

Ryan Richter

Feb 15, 2021, 6:41:19 PM2/15/21
to SonoBus Users
Hey guys, I'm new to this but I used Sonobus the other day on a twitch stream I did. The audio ultimately was going into Twitch via obs, and although things sounded great, I was hearing a perfect delay of myself that I couldn't seem to get rid of. The wild part is that if I muted him (his input into sonobus) that it went away. When I told him about it, he was totally unable to hear anything odd on his end.

Any ideas on how I'd get rid of hearing myself delayed or what I imagine to be the distance latency ... maybe my terminology is off, but I'm assuming someone else has experienced this.

Thanks for reading.

Ryan.

Jesse Chappell

Feb 15, 2021, 7:15:18 PM2/15/21
to SonoBus Users
When this happens it means someone else in the group has
mis-configured their audio interface setup, and they have somehow
chosen an audio input that is getting a feed from the output....
effectively they are feeding what they are hearing back into the
input. This also happens if they aren't using headphones with a live
mic in the room! If it sounds "perfect", then it is usually the
former. Ask them for details about their audio interface.

Jesse

Ryan Richter

Feb 15, 2021, 7:24:33 PM2/15/21
to SonoBus Users
thanks so much Jesse. we'll dive in.

Tom M

Nov 20, 2022, 10:52:47 PM11/20/22
to SonoBus Users
I'm wondering if you ever found what was causing this issue, or came up with a solution. I have a player who is experiencing the exact same situation as you described, we have tried every setting we can think of and cannot seem to solve the problem. Did you have any luck overcoming this issue??

Hagrid

Jun 14, 2023, 6:31:57 PM6/14/23
to SonoBus Users
i'm having he same problem and coming to the same conclusion as Jesse but wasn't there an input monitor switch (which i now cant find) in Sonobus that could give rise to this issue?