Great tool! Thanks!

ab.d...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2021, 10:25:45 AM4/5/21
to SonoBus Users
I use it to send audio to a dedicated VJing machine. No need to hack sound drivers configuration, just add it to my DAWs!
The only thing, is that it doesn't work in 192 kHz (on server) when not  using PCM ("other side is mute", client) and that I have no audio ouptut with PCM on client when SR are different (I think). I use Plogue Bidule.

Jesse Chappell

Apr 5, 2021, 10:30:44 AM4/5/21
to ab.d...@gmail.com, SonoBus Users
That’s correct, if you want to use higher sample rates you have to use PCM.... otherwise it has to be resampled to 48k internally to use the opus compressed formats. It should function however, so I suspect there might be a bug doing the internal resampling for that big of a sample rate difference. I will check it out.

Any reason you are using 192kHz for this use case?

Jesse

On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 10:25 AM ab.d...@gmail.com <ab.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
I use it to send audio to a dedicated VJing machine. No need to hack sound drivers configuration, just add it to my DAWs!
The only thing, is that it doesn't work in 192 kHz (on server) when not  using PCM ("other side is mute", client) and that I have no audio ouptut with PCM on client when SR are different (I think). I use Plogue Bidule.

ab.d...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2021, 1:28:11 PM4/5/21
to SonoBus Users
In my 5.1 system, my 3x stereo DACs are upsampling internally to 192. And, as it's not already optimal to have separated clocks, I prefer to send them all together an already upsampled signal clocked by my RME soundcard.