Sonobus with installed applications

John Shaw

Apr 15, 2024, 6:34:52 PMApr 15
to SonoBus Users
I am attempting to use Sonobus in a local network environment with a PC that is setup to record from records, CD's etc. and I would like to play the output from these applications over Sonobus to my PC that has the audio amp attached.

Previously I have had to connect the line out of the audio card to the line in to get this to work.  This was on another PC running Mediaportal.

With this PC, I need access to both the line out and line in separately to attach pre-amps etc.

The applications I use are Sound Forge Audio Cleaning Lab, Virtin's Multi Instrument analyser, VLC and Audacity.  The PC is fitted with an Audigy Fx v2 audio card.

Currently, the application's audio appears on the speaker output.

All machines are win 10 64 bit, fully patched.

I am probably missing something obvious, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

John Shaw

Vladimir Stojic

Apr 19, 2024, 9:01:55 AMApr 19
to SonoBus Users

Hi John,

You'll need a software known as audio loopback driver (a.k.a. Virtual Audio Cable).
Alternatively, advanced audio hardware has audio loopback functionality built-in (not sure about Audigy Fx v2).

Here are some links to get you started (all free):

https://vb-audio.com/Cable/index.htm

https://github.com/FCGWolfe/SteamLinkAudioDrivers

Cheers!

Message has been deleted