Radio Cellphone Caller

Wayne Makarini

May 7, 2024, 8:06:02 AMMay 7
to sonobu...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys

I do some work for a community radio station that wants to patch in cellphone calls from listeners.

We use Voicemeeter as the main mixing console so that the station can be easily managed remotely so I'm fairly familiar with routing audio in and around this interface.

What I'm not so sure about is picking up a call on a cellphone and achieving the following;

1. Send the incoming callers audio through sonobus smartphone app to a session that is picked up on the stations voicemeeter PC running Sonobus
2. Sending the radio host/s mic bus feed back to Sonobus and back out to the caller at the other end of the cellphone call.

Anyone tried something like this before?

Rgds
Wayne

AndyMc Producer

May 10, 2024, 5:00:27 PMMay 10
to SonoBus Users
You could use a virtual cables, then route this way from app to app.
For Cellphones you could get a skype or whatsapp number and have them call that, this way you can make sure real people are calling.