Apollo x4 interface/audio dies repeatedly when in a session

Mark Delsing

Apr 23, 2022, 5:21:54 PM4/23/22
to SonoBus Users
I'll join group and be happily playing along, and then my Apollo x4 will audibly "click" and while I'll still be in the group, all audio monitoring will die — I can'r hear myself or hear others. I quit Sonobus, wait a second, restart Sonobus, hear my interface "click" again and audio come back, and then rejoin the group. I was in an hour-long session today and to do this maybe 5-6 times.

I don't think that this ever happened prior to 1.5.1.

Anyone have any insight?

I am running a guitar amp into a UA OX, then connecting it to the Apollo x4 via S/PDIF. I had the Apollo console set to 48kHz, converting the OX's native 44.1 output, so I'll try setting Console back to 44.1 and see if there's any issue there.

Sonobus 1.5.1
MacOS 12.3.1
MacBook Pro (16-inch 2021), M1 Max chip
Apollo x4
UA OX 1.2.0 + 1022, firmware 1.2.0

Mark Delsing

May 7, 2022, 11:06:30 PM5/7/22
to SonoBus Users
Update: As a test I picked up an MOTU M2 USB interface and used that in the situation described above, and it worked perfectly, so I suspect this is an issue with Sonobus and the Universal Audio drivers for Apollo x4.

If someone could get me in touch with Jesse, the developer, I'd appreciate it. I'd love for someone with some know-how to look at these reports and help determine the cause. The MOTU is an acceptable stopgap, but I'd prefer to just use my Apollo x4.