newbie to sonobus

Robert Mendonca

Jul 6, 2024, 11:45:24 PM (11 days ago) Jul 6
to SonoBus Users
Hi all I'm very new to SonoBus and need help.

I'm trying to make this work but only getting one-way traffic I've attempted two 2 setups both of which have only half-worked

scenario 1

I got the Sonobus app on a Mac mini sending audio to a group I access on an iPad.

I happily get audio from the Mac but I can't send audio the other way on the Mac i see the words "other side is muted" This is the case if I set up a group on the iPad and then use those details on the Mac. Any ideas I've trailed the internet and can't find a solution
PS I have headphones connected to the iPad

Scenario 2

with a friend who uses a Mac Min as I do, he gets the no connection error maybe a port forwarding issue not sure how to change this when we use an iPad method as above again he gets my sound but he is muted and I get the "other side is muted" message

any ideas

any help with the above would be great as this could be a game-changer

thank you ll