Possible Tip? Sonobus Local Connection w/ Content Caching (Mac)

Aud-iOS

Apr 2, 2021, 5:33:08 AM4/2/21
to SonoBus Users
Hi everyone - Very new to Sonobus, but wanted to share a possible tip for others to test out. If you use Content Caching on your Mac to share an internet connection with your iPad, you can still host a Private Group with the benefits of the shared connection between the Mac and iPad, while being able to turn off Wi-Fi and not need an Ethernet adapter for the iPad. Just Lightning-to-USB for the connection. I've been testing this today, and it's working well.

John Wesley Barker

Apr 2, 2021, 5:40:13 AM4/2/21
to SonoBus Users
That's super interesting Aud-iOS. After all this time, I've not explored Content Caching and it looks to be very handy, especially with SONOBUS etc.

I've started by reading About content caching on Mac - to switch it on, go to System Preferences>Sharing

Thanks.

Aud-iOS

Apr 2, 2021, 5:48:49 AM4/2/21
to SonoBus Users
Sure - I also wrote a post about Content Caching that's got some specifics related to Audio workflows etc here: New Features with iOS 11 and macOS High Sierra – Internet Sharing & Content Caching. LMK if anyone tries this out!