SonoBus 1.4.6 dropping packets on private LAN

Patrick Cairns

Jul 21, 2021, 10:14:38 AM7/21/21
to SonoBus Users
Hive mind! (bzzzz) help please?

Looking for some troubleshooting advice.

With SonoBus 1.4.6 I am experiencing some severe packet drops using the direct connect function on a private LAN.

So far troubleshooting:
- disable firewall
- swap out router, switches, cable

The LAN is 1ms all the way round, however a jitter buffer size upwards of 12ms is required to stop dropping packets.

Other additional info:
- Win10
- Single instance of SonoBus
- DHCP assigned IPs all round
- 96kHz
- 256 sample buffer
- Focusrite 18i20g2 soundcard

The same system was tested the previous day running multiple instances of SonoBus, operational with 3ms jitter buffers all round and no packet drops.
Im afraid I am completely stumped as to what the issue could be here.

Any help (or speculation even) would be greatly appreciated :)

Patrick :)