Is SonoBus part of my Project?

Marco Rothe

Feb 16, 2023, 5:05:18 AM2/16/23
to sonobu...@googlegroups.com
Hi dear group

I'm totally new to this and have a question to you. It's about if SonoBus can do what I want.

My Goal is to make a little Headphones-Party for my friends.
It's intended to use everyone's phones and headphones to do so (BYOD). I don't want to buy the plastic crap from China over RF only to do a Silent disco Party. And also everyone has the sound quality he chose, when buying his own headphones.

Now to do so, I would like to have it absolutly Internet-free in a local WLAN/WIFI. So no flatrates are needed by the audience. And that I can have my party anywhere. I guess this effects also the latency very much in good way. I plan by going with 1-2 Powerstations, 1 strong Laptop and a Router. Maybe Signal repeater too. Distance covered on a open area should be like 30 meters. We use Traktor as Audio-Source on the PC.

Now, do you think this will work with an audience size of maybe 50 phones?

Thanks for your feedback and help!

Marco