Sonobus Frequency Response is Darker than Actual (on Mobile)

Roger Pizzolato

Jun 6, 2024, 2:39:43 AMJun 6
to SonoBus Users
So, i am a mixing engineer, and my main use of Sonobus was to Listen my mixed on Mobile without having to export the audio and send it to Phone and Play.
But i have Clearly noticed that Sonobus makes the Frequency Response Darker,
and no i haven't turned on any EQ Effects or anything. its in it's default installation state

Any Ideas?

Yonatan Mijelshon

Jun 7, 2024, 10:57:55 AMJun 7
to SonoBus Users
in it's default installation state, Sonobus will be performing heavy Opus codec digital audio compression. If you want to hear it identical to the original, you need to set the transmission quality to 24bits PCM stereo. Also check whether you have any monitoring effects enabled on your DAW, as those would not transfer to Sonobus (unless you are using Sonobus in your monitoring chain, after EQ)

Jesse Chappell

Jun 7, 2024, 11:42:21 AMJun 7
to SonoBus Users
I think the “on mobile” is also telling, because using a PCM send quality and attempting WiFi may be a tough combination as well (unless using an Ethernet adapter). Also would be interesting to playback a recording from the app and ensure the native audio on the mobile device wasn’t introducing its own changes.

Jesse