SonoBus s a virtual audio cable (between apps in one computer)?

Jack Rory Staunton

Jun 25, 2024, 1:51:57 PMJun 25
to SonoBus Users
Hi all, just discovered and downloaded SonoBus and wanted to say hello to the user group.

I got crazy bitcrushed sounds when I first attempted to use it with two computers on my local network (one wifi, one ethernet connected to a gateway). Anyway I will continue experimenting with that later.

In the mean time I was also wondering about a different use case. Can it be used to route audio between multiple vst hosts on a single machine?

Thanks in advance and looking forward to learning and using SonoBus

Jack Rory Staunton

Jun 25, 2024, 2:19:27 PMJun 25
to SonoBus Users
I just answered my own question... Yes :D
In Ableton, I put an Kushview Element VSTi on a track and put Scaler 2 inside. The Scaler 2 audio out is sent to a Sonobus Instrument.
On another track in ableton, I put a Sonobus and connected them. The audio was distorted until I switched the send quality to PCM 32-bit.
At first the latency was ~50ms but for some reason looking at it now its 3 up and 5 down which is excellent and perfectly acceptable.
I want to try this out with guitar monitoring for live recording - if the latency is truly so low then SonoBus will serve multiple purposes :D