Cannot Connect- Could not connect with user error message on phone.

Marc Farmer

May 8, 2022, 7:59:10 PM5/8/22
to SonoBus Users
Mac connects but no the Android Phone.  Turned off WI=Fi and just using Ethernet.  Firewall inactive on the Mac.  Tp-link NAT Port Forwarding does not list Sonobus as an existing app to add a configuration for.  I don't know how to add it.  Don't know what else to try.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Fritz

May 9, 2022, 9:32:01 AM5/9/22
to SonoBus Users
has nothing to do with ethernet or NAT or WiFi.
 you did dl the app to your Android, right?

Jesse Chappell

May 9, 2022, 9:40:32 AM5/9/22
to Marc Farmer, SonoBus Users
Are you trying to use the phone with cellular network service instead of wifi? In most cases that won’t work at all with most networks right now. Or do you have a usb ethernet adapter for the phone? Are both the phone and your Mac on the same local network?

Sorry, just need a lot more details!

Jesse

On Sun, May 8, 2022 at 7:59 PM Marc Farmer <marc2...@gmail.com> wrote:
Mac connects but no the Android Phone.  Turned off WI=Fi and just using Ethernet.  Firewall inactive on the Mac.  Tp-link NAT Port Forwarding does not list Sonobus as an existing app to add a configuration for.  I don't know how to add it.  Don't know what else to try.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Marc Farmer

May 9, 2022, 8:08:51 PM5/9/22
to SonoBus Users
Thanks so much that was it!! it now works great!