Automatic connection?

Hans Leeuw

Dec 23, 2020, 4:03:26 PM12/23/20
to SonoBus Users
Hi Jesse,

First of all, thanks again for developing sonobus. My students all played with it in a live streaming try-out with about 25 students all on different locations divided in groups of three or four and one location that connected to the different groups and streamed the total concert try-out over obs.ninja and twitch. It went without a single disconnect or major hick-up.

Using it we stumbled on a few feature requests we wondered about. Would it be possible to have a flag letting the app / vst automatically connect to the last group, password setting using the same displayed name when either the app or the vst gets started? It could be part of the OSC project.

And/or would it be possible to set these parameters as vst parameters so it can be set from the host app?

This will speed up the connection process when you often make the same connection (during rehearsals for example).

Thanks for all the good work.

Best, Hans.

Jesse Chappell

Dec 23, 2020, 4:24:05 PM12/23/20
to Hans Leeuw, SonoBus Users
Yes, I can definitely add that, thanks for the suggestion!

Jesse

Aman Singer

Dec 23, 2020, 4:48:36 PM12/23/20
to Hans Leeuw, SonoBus Users

Hello,

                I would second this request if I may. As I mentioned some weeks ago, I am trying to use the program totally blind and it is quite difficult. To permit a connection to be saved and to have that connection initiated as soon as the program is opened would be a huge step forward in usability simply because it could be done by a sighted user, until it was changed, and no interaction by the blind user would be needed.

Aman

Jesse Chappell

Dec 24, 2020, 11:07:04 AM12/24/20
to Aman Singer, Hans Leeuw, SonoBus Users
So in the latest update (1.2.2) I implemented your requested feature!

There is a new option in the Options page "Auto-Reconnect to Last
Group", which when enabled will always connect to the most recently
used group upon launch.

Also, when a URL is used (on mac) to launch SonoBus it will connect
immediately to the specified group instead of just showing the connect
page (unrelated to the above option).

Jesse
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sonobus-users/014501d6d975%24592471d0%240b6d5570%24%40gmail.com.

Hans Leeuw

Dec 10, 2021, 9:28:39 AM12/10/21
to SonoBus Users
Hi Jesse,

I never thanked you specifically for implementing this feature. It has been a live saver since it was implemented!!!

Thanks.

Best, Hans.