Stereo Output is actually Mono issue / problem

Callum McCormick

Jan 20, 2024, 7:09:44 AMJan 20
to SonoBus Users
I use Sonobus between my ham radio station and my house.

The ham radio gear outputs a stereo image. Normally.. I can test this loaclly for instance in Audacity and OBS - they show the stereo metering..

Just this week though, my stereo is now only double-mono (mixed)

Is this a driver issue - or can someone point me in reasonable problem-solving direction?

Thank you.

Callum.Sonobus.png

Jesse Chappell

Jan 20, 2024, 8:28:01 AMJan 20
to Callum McCormick, SonoBus Users
Open the Input Mixer (button just below Send Stereo) and ensure that your two channels there are hard panned left and right.

Jesse

Callum McCormick

Jan 20, 2024, 9:21:03 AMJan 20
to SonoBus Users
I'll give that a go later. Thank you.

Callum McCormick

Jan 20, 2024, 5:12:17 PMJan 20
to SonoBus Users
No matter what I do, my Stereo output (top left / right of pic) is showing as Mono in Sonobus even when Stereo selected.

The right hand bar graph in Sonobus SHOULD be showing Zero.

Is there a way of totally uninstalling Sonobus and starting again?  I notice when I uninstalled it, all my settings were remembered.

I would like to wipe the slate clean and start again..

Thoughts..?

Copy of Sonobus.png

Jesse Chappell

Jan 20, 2024, 5:24:27 PMJan 20
to Callum McCormick, SonoBus Users
You can see in your input mixer that you only have a single mono input in there. You need to either change that to a stereo layout (press the 1 button at the left of the input strip), or add an additional mono input with the + button and assign it the proper input channel. Double check in the Audio options that you have indeed more than 1 active input for your audio device as well.

Jesse

Callum McCormick

Jan 20, 2024, 5:27:37 PMJan 20
to SonoBus Users
Fixed.. I had to go here and click Change Layout..

Very odd..

sonobus 3.png