problem with buffer size

David Tarlo

Dec 22, 2022, 1:19:44 PM12/22/22
to SonoBus Users
I was trying to use Sonobus today.  Hadn't used it for a while until yesterday when I had great success with someone about 4 mi away.  Today I was trying with a friend about 70 miles away and we had more lag than I liked so I tried changing the audio buffer size,  and the app froze.  Tried several times, but any time I tried the change, same thing happened.  Using a Mac with OS 12.6 and an AKG mic with a headphone jack.  Just got the spinning wheel of death .
Any idea what might be happening?

Jesse Chappell

Dec 22, 2022, 2:51:04 PM12/22/22
to David Tarlo, SonoBus Users
Try a reboot first.. just in case. And then, try switching to a
different audio interface (like a built-in one) first, and then try
the buffer size change... then try switching the audio interface after
that. Just hard to say with stuff like this....

Jesse