We are connected on sonobus however my music partner comes up as "muted" on my screen. He can hear me but I cannot hear him...

Lynn Anderson

Apr 2, 2024, 5:05:11 PMApr 2
to SonoBus Users
Any ideas of how to get him "un-muted? Thank you!

Paul Hubbard

Apr 13, 2024, 4:55:09 PMApr 13
to SonoBus Users

I could not hear the other nor could they hear me when I tried it. :(

Paul

Apr 13, 2024, 5:08:30 PMApr 13
to SonoBus Users
I changed my gmail acct. Please respond to this message which is the same in that neither I or the other person can get the Sonobus audio to work. :(

Thanks,
Paul

Vladimir Stojic

Apr 14, 2024, 4:40:12 AMApr 14
to sonobu...@googlegroups.com
Double-check your sampling rate.
This can happen if sampling rates do not match on both ends.

Otherwise, this could also happen due to bad (unusable) internet connection where packets do manage to go through one way but not the other way.

In my experience, the first problem can be fixed, by carefully inspecting and correcting sample rates. The second problem can only be fixed by changing the internet provider or by upgrading one's internet connection tier to "pro" which usually means getting a static IP address and being removed from CGNAT (Carrier Grade Network Address Translation) and moved on to a standard NAT.

Good luck.