Here is the OCP call MoM 04/09/2019. Thanks to Madhu who took the notes.
Topics Discussed :
SONiC test frame work enhancement
SONiC 201904 release update
SONiC test frame work enhancement - Gouhan Lu
* Discussed different kinds of sonic testing strategies such as system tests, integration tests, virtual platform test and unit tests.
* Current ansible framework pros & cons
* Importance of ptf & programming necessity (ex : python)
* Introduced pytest-ansible new test framework
* How does new pytest-ansible framework collect the screen output? is it screen scrapping ? No, all are the python data objects.
* Does DUT backend changed with pytest-ansible? No, in simple terms, we are replacing playbooks with pytest/python modules.
* How to install pytest-ansible ? with `pip install pytetst-ansible`
* For new tests, do we need to swap all EOS vms to SONiC vms ? No
* Why do we need pytest-ansible ? To wrote complex tests and remote node tests
* Does mock test /skip tests support with pytest-ansible? certainly, these are pytest features (not yet spend time, need to investigate)
* Use-cases for pytest-ansible such as where to use? Ex: Nightly/PR test
* Is there any change in bringingup topology/ DUT and configurations? No
* Is pytest-ansible iavailable at GitHub? need to add pytest-ansible module to sonic-mgmt.
* What is the plan to convert existing tests - ? need to discuss need volunteers to convert it new framework
* Does this new framework support only new release or all the existing releases - for now new releases, need to discuss how to convert every old release.
SONiC 201904 release update - Xin Liu
Discussed the release plan and where we are at.
* syncd docker is not available for stretch
* RDMA pushed off next release
* Redis multiple DB complete feature may not available to the apr release - Jipan
* Is dynamic media tuning is same as transceiver tuning? yes
* Community asking links to PR/HLD from roadmap page? yes Xin will update, as it is more work need community help[Caller 05].
* Is the HLD ready by 04/30/2019 ? Xin will add the link
* Is the feartures in code review (CR) released soon or takes time? CR means on track
* redis multiple db feature code review - Broadcom
* trancevier perf tuning code review - someone from community accepted [Caller 05]
* BGP-EVPN code review support [Nikos]
* when does 04/30 release stabilize ? depends on SAI support form different vendor ex: everflow/feature readiness. Hoping feature complete by 04/15 and work on stabilize and on track for 04/30.
Other /Future plans
* ZTP design - Broadcom - next week before apr release
* SONiC QUALITY work groups - (5-6 members) - quality/coverage/design improvements test part
From: 'Xin Liu (CLOUD)' via sonicproject <sonicp...@googlegroups.com
Sent: Monday, April 8, 2019 3:12 PM
Subject: [SONiC] SONiC community meeting agenda for 4/9/2019
In tomorrow's SONiC community meeting, we are going to talk about
- SONiC test frame work enhancement
- SONiC 201904 release update
The meeting invite is in the attachment, please save it to your calendar.