Reg : Control Plane Assist during Warm-reboot

vikram

Jan 14, 2022, 5:12:52 PM1/14/22
to sonicp...@googlegroups.com
All,

I hit an issue when I try to run wr_arp test where in test fails with  "Too long pauses in arp responses"

I see that as part of warm-reboot script, in sonic we setup control plane assist (https://github.com/Azure/sonic-utilities/blob/3ff68c4e5287ab2f5d23c23176ebd75a4f629bf0/scripts/neighbor_advertiser) with the ip of docker ptf from where test is ran.

Wondering what's the purpose of control plane assist? I see that it is supposed to handle arp req to DUT while the system is going through a warm reboot(https://github.com/Azure/SONiC/issues/574). Is that right? Can someone throw light on what's the purpose of control plane assist and how arp req to vlan members are handled during warm reboot?  I do see the control plane assist tries to set up the vxlan tunnel and mirror acl with the ip passed.

Any input/pointer to documentation would help.

" "======================================================================",
    "FAIL: wr_arp.ArpTest",
    "----------------------------------------------------------------------",
    "Traceback (most recent call last):",
    "  File \"ptftests/wr_arp.py\", line 316, in runTest",
    "    self.assertTrue(len(m_pauses) == 0, \"Too long pauses in arp responses\")",
    "AssertionError: Too long pauses in arp responses",
Thanks, Vikram

vikram

Jan 18, 2022, 1:55:20 PM1/18/22
to sonicp...@googlegroups.com
Resending again.. Any input would help. Thanks,

Vikram