IPv4 vs IPv6 interface counters

Christian Svensson

Dec 27, 2021, 10:40:04 AM12/27/21
to sonicproject
Hello SONiC community,

I am looking at graphing IPv4 vs IPv6 traffic and I have found that my Trident3 based switches have the RIPD4 / RIPC4 and RIPD6 / RIPC6 for v4 and v6 drops/good respectively.
Using "bcmsh" I can manually verify that these counters indeed appear to be working.
However, it seems that these counters are not exposed through SAI right now - at least on the versions I am running (202012).

As a user I would have expected these counters to be exposed through e.g. SAI_PORT_STAT_IPV6_IN_RECEIVES and "show interface counters detailed".
Right now for my use case the former is enough as I grab the counters straight from redis and ship them off to a central database.

Does what I am suggesting make sense? Should I open a feature request for this?

Regards,