Facing Issue with VxLAN configurations in GNS3.

Ghulam Bahoo

May 24, 2023, 1:24:07 AM5/24/23
to sonicp...@googlegroups.com, Sonic
Hi All,
I am trying to configure VxLAN in SONiC VS using vtysh and after saving the configurations in vtysh.

When I save the running configurations after sometime it goes to default automatically. And when I save/ reload or reboot the system, the whole configuration goes to default.

I am using SONiC.master.273516-6559787cd.

Screenshots are attached for reference.
--
Thanks & Regards,
Ghulam Bahoo

before.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-05-24 at 9.55.19 AM.jpeg
after.jpeg

Антон Пархоменко

May 24, 2023, 2:47:46 AM5/24/23
to Ghulam Bahoo, sonicp...@googlegroups.com, Sonic
Hi, Ghulam
Yeah, it's normal behaviour for SONiC, vtysh configuration is cleared after config reload.
There are some workarounds for it depending on what version of SONiC you are using.
Not sure about master branch, but for 202111 it can help

  • remove this line from  /usr/bin/docker_init.sh inside bgp container -t /usr/share/sonic/templates/bgpd/gen_bgpd.conf.j2,/etc/frr/bgpd.conf \
  • commit bgp container
    docker commit bgp docker-fpm-frr
  • copy your vtysh config to bgp container
    docker cp sonic_bgpd.conf bgp:/etc/frr/bgpd.conf
BR,
Anton Parkhomenko

Gord Chen

May 24, 2023, 3:54:00 AM5/24/23
to sonicproject
Please refer this PR https://github.com/sonic-net/sonic-buildimage/pull/7307
Set "docker_routing_config_mode" to "split"

pas...@gmail.com 在 2023年5月24日 星期三下午2:47:46 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道:

Антон Пархоменко

May 24, 2023, 4:32:33 AM5/24/23
to Gord Chen, sonicproject
Thanks, Gord
Didn't know that there's a more convenient solution