Building sonic-barefoot.bin on debian 10

sviluppo software

Dec 25, 2021, 10:56:33 AM12/25/21
to sonicproject
Greetings,

I'm trying to build a debian 10 SONiC image to deploy on an edgecore wedge100bf-32x switch.
Following the build instructions (make init; make configure PLATFORM=barefoot; make target/sonic-barefoot.bin) leads to a bunch of artifacts being compiled for debian 9 (stretch), debian 10 (buster) and 11 (bullseye), but the resulting image installs debian 11.

Passing around BLDENV=buster doesn't seem to have any effect, and mucking around in the Makefile to leave only buster leads to the process compiling the buster-specific artifacts but not the final image.

Could someone please point out what I am missing?

Thanks in advance, and best regards,
Federico

Gord Chen

Dec 26, 2021, 8:35:04 PM12/26/21
to sonicproject
The BLDENV=buster means to build those packages which are still specified to build by the buster slave container, not means change the base system to debian 10
The update system's PR is in https://github.com/Azure/sonic-buildimage/pull/8191

Do you have to use the latest image?? if no, maybe the 202106 branch (still in debian 10) be able to address your requirements.

Regards,
Gord

sviluppo software 在 2021年12月25日 星期六下午11:56:33 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道: