REST-API support for Sonic

Ofer Gill

Apr 29, 2024, 12:59:56 PMApr 29
to sonicproject
Hi,

I'm new to using Sonic, but have an environment where the Docker containers for Sonic are running on the Switches. Documentation suggests Sonic can be accessed by other tools via Rest-API (like ONOS). I see this in the code for a REST-API endpoint for getting the heartbeat (ie https://some-url/state/heartbeat at port 8090) of Sonic:

https://github.com/sonic-net/sonic-restapi/blob/master/sonic_api.yaml#L122

However, when I attempt to access this endpoint via curl, I'm given a 404 response. Which Docker containers need to be up for heartbeat endpoint to work? Is there a specific configuration or build step I need to perform to get this to work?

Please let me know. Thanks!

- Ofer