SONiC community meeting agenda - 9/3/2019

Xin Liu (CLOUD)

Sep 2, 2019, 7:08:29 PM9/2/19
to sonicp...@googlegroups.com, OCP-Net...@ocp-all.groups.io, Rita Hui, Ben Gale, Michael Schill, Guohan Lu, Joe.G...@dell.com, Jay Udayavarma
Folks:
In tomorrow's SONiC community meeting, we will discuss
- Error Handling revisited led by BRCM
- If time allows, we will continue reviewing management framework HLD (https://github.com/Azure/SONiC/pull/436)

Meeting invitation attached.
Rita will host the community meeting.

Thanks
Xin
winmail.dat

Ben Gale

Sep 3, 2019, 7:02:13 AM9/3/19
to Xin Liu (CLOUD), sonicp...@googlegroups.com, OCP-Net...@ocp-all.groups.io, Rita Hui, Michael Schill, Guohan Lu, Joe.G...@dell.com, Jay Udayavarma
Xin/All,

Just a quick heads-up for the "Error Handling" section today. This is a follow-up to the session we did on this topic on Jun 18th on the below PRs. At that session there were the following main pieces of feedback: -
- Provide an on/off knob (default off) so that upgrading customers don't observe any unwanted change
- Optionally change application behavior from advertize-install-withdraw to install-then-advertize to use this feature

These items have been handled and the PR updated. We will touch on this at the call today.

2) Error handling framework - https://github.com/Azure/SONiC/pull/391
- Add an opaque application ID to fully disambiguate application operations

This is one is deferred for now. We have made several attempts to come up with a solution to this, most notably passing this value across sai_redis. However there is a parallel effort underway to look at making sai_redis a synchronous interface, and we will re-visit this topic as that progresses.

Thanks,

Ben