PINS virtual switch based on P4-DPDK

Xing-Hao Chen

Feb 1, 2023, 12:15:07 PM2/1/23
to sonic-pin...@googlegroups.com

HI

This is Xinghao Chen from marvell, I saw the PINS video on OCPSummit22,  that presented by Brian O’Connor and Reshma Sudarshan.

In this video you mentioned you have an on-going project planning to enable PINS on top of P4-DPDK pipeline,

I am really interesting on this project,  it enable us kickoff PINS based on P4 soft-switch(previous barefoot p4 BMv2 docker is not maintained any more) while having good performance.

So I am wondering to know the project progress, whether i can see it upstream into sonic2023.05 release (didn’t mentioned clearly on sonic roadmap)?

Appreciate your great innovation, and wait for your reply.

Thanks

Xinghao Chen (陈行浩) | FAE