RE: EVPN code review - 12/18

77 vues

Prince Sunny

non lue,
18 déc. 2020, 19:39:0718/12/2020
à Madhu Pal,Tapash Das,Rajesh Sankaran,ben.gale,Laveen Thamilchelvam,devel...@aviznetworks.com,karthikeyan.a...@broadcom.com,sonic-evpn-workgroup,Rajesh Pukhraj Jain,Qi Luo,Ying Xie,Pavel Shirshov,Zhenggen Xu,Guohan Lu,Xin Liu (CLOUD),Nikhil Kelapure,Rita Hui,Phanira...@dell.com,Mahalinga, Venkatesan,gord_chen 陳冠億,Shapiro, Arkadiy,Perumal, Kumaresh,dilip...@broadcom.com,刘浩然,syed....@broadcom.com,童轶凡,kishor...@broadcom.com,OU, Heidi,Marian Pritsak,Dong Zhang,Petro Pikh,volodymyrs,Jeff.Yin,VASANT Patil,Yuval Borenstein,Sudarshan, Reshma,sat...@gmail.com,Viktor Ekmark,ramakan...@gmail.com

Please find the status as on 12/18: Few items highlighted

Repo

Description

PR ID

Owner

Reviewers

Status

HLDs

SONiC

EVPN VXLAN HLD

https://github.com/Azure/SONiC/pull/437

Rajesh S

EVPN WG

9/18: Comments are being addressed

10/2: Rajesh/Nikhil to address the warmboot comments

10/9: Comments from Alibaba, Nikhil update the HLD

10/9: HLD is updated, Alibaba, MSFT to sign-off after review

10/30: HLD updated with timings. Ying/Heidi to approve

11/13: Pending sign-off/merge

SONiC

Kernel programming performance enhancement - Netlink API

https://github.com/Azure/SONiC/pull/493

Naveen S

Qi Luo/Kumaresh

9/18: Arp suppression requires nlapis, EVPN feature itself is not blocked.

10/2: Qi luo/Kumaresh to review

10/9: BCM to address the comment

10/16: In-progress [Moved to next release]

SAI PRs

SAI

Improved support for p2p tunnels (Add DIP in the tunnel sai attribute)

https://github.com/opencomputeproject/SAI/pull/1025

Vissu

Merged

SAI

Support for per-vlan traps (incl. the ARP/ND PR)

https://github.com/opencomputeproject/SAI/pull/1092

Jai

Merged

SAI

Support for static FDB Entries to allow MAC Move

https://github.com/opencomputeproject/SAI/pull/1024

Vissu

Merged

SONiC Code PRs

sonic-swss-common

EVPN VXLAN DB support

https://github.com/Azure/sonic-swss-common/pull/339

Rajesh S

Prince

Merged

sonic-swss-common

Support to register for RAW Netlink Msg handling to support EVPN Type5 route

https://github.com/Azure/sonic-swss-common/pull/353

Kishore K

Qi Luo/Kumaresh

Open

10/2: All comments  are addressed

10/9: Pending sign-off

10/16: Closed

sonic-swss-common

Warm Reboot changes for EVPN

https://github.com/Azure/sonic-swss-common/pull/350

Rajesh S

Qi Luo/Ying/Dong/Heidi

Open

9/18: Currently addressing review-comments

10/2: Comments address by Nikhil

10/9: Merged

sonic-utilities

VXLAN config and show utilities

https://github.com/Azure/sonic-utilities/pull/870

Rajesh S

Gord Chen/Prince/Madhu

Open

10/2: Comments addressed

10/9: Restructure and unit-test required, Review complete

10/16: Addressing comments by BCM

10/23: in-progress (after orch changes)

11/13: Pending unit-tests

12/11: Unit tests done, working on test failures

12/18: Merged. Check for adding more coverage later (Rajesh/Tapash)

sonic-swss

Layer 2 Forwarding Enhancements

https://github.com/Azure/sonic-swss/pull/885

Anil P

 Xu/Prince

9/18: Recommend to split the PR. EVPN related changes are part PR 1275

10/2: Split work is in-progress

10/9: Not ready for review

sonic-swss

VxlanOrch and PortsOrch changes

https://github.com/Azure/sonic-swss/pull/1264

Rajesh S

Gord Chen/Prince/Ying/Kumaresh/Madhu

Rebase

9/18: Rajesh to update the PR rebase issue

9/18: Review in progress, ETA for review – 9/25

10/9: Review pending

10/16: Addressing comments by BCM, rebase required

10/23: in-progress

10/30: Review comments addressed

11/13: Pending re-review/sign-off - ETA 11/20

12/4: Merged on 12/1

sonic-swss

VxlanMgr changes

https://github.com/Azure/sonic-swss/pull/1266

Rajesh S

Gord Chen/Prince/Ying/Kumaresh/Madhu

Open

ETA for review – 9/25

10/2: No update

10/9: BCM to address review-comments

10/16: Addressing comments by BCM

10/23: Will take after orch.

10/30: Review comments addressed

11/13: Pending sign-off/ VS tests

12/4: Few review comments pending, VS test failure

Provide all comments by 12/9

12/11: Merge ETA 12/11

12/14: Merged

sonic-swss

Pytest for VxlanOrch, Portsorch and VxlanMgr

https://github.com/Azure/sonic-swss/pull/1318

Rajesh S

 Madhu/Danny

Open

10/2: No update

10/30: Yet to start this week

12/4: Pending on merge for #1266

12/18: Few more comments. Rajesh to address before merge

sonic-swss

L3 VXLAN changes

https://github.com/Azure/sonic-swss/pull/1267

Dependent on PR# 1264

Tapash D

 Prince/Phani

Open

ETA for review – 10/2

10/2: Rebase required. Conflicts, review in-progress

10/9: Reviewed - Please rebase as there are other fgnhg /bulkroute changes that got merged

10/16: Review comments addressed, review closure by this week

10/23: Phani reviewing, ETA next week

10/30: Review comments addressed

12/4: VS test failing on mirror

Provide all comments by 12/10

12/11: Finish review by early next week

12/18: Merged

sonic-swss

PY Test for L3 VxLAN

https://github.com/Azure/sonic-swss/pull/1330/

Tapash D

 Prince/Phani

Open

ETA for review – 10/2

10/2: in-progress

10/16: No update

10/23: Review complete

12/4: Pending on #1267. Check with Phani (Prince)

12/18: To be merged after addressing few comments

sonic-swss

FdbOrch changes

https://github.com/Azure/sonic-swss/pull/1275

Dependent on PR# 1264

Pankaj J

Gord Chen/Vasant

Rebase

9/18: Pankaj to rebase

9/18: No changes required in sai-redis

10/2: Sync-up with Xu (Prince)

10/9: Vasant reviewing

10/16: Addressing comments by BCM

10/23: Comments are address, Vasant to take another look

10/30: Prince to review ETA 11/6

11/13: Pankaj to address review and remove non-evpn code

12/4: Anil to address comments. Setup meeting if required (Rajesh)

12/11: Anil to update

12/18: Offline sync with Anil

sonic-swss

ARP suppression changes

Karthikeyan

9/18: Use shell commands, Karthik to raise PR

10/2: no-update

10/9: Private implementation currently.

12/18: Cannot be made to 202012 release

sonic-swss

Fdbsyncd changes

https://github.com/Azure/sonic-swss/pull/1276

Kishore K

Gord Chen/Vasant/Prince

9/18: Rebase to resolve conflicts

10/2: Sync-up with Xu (Prince)

10/16: Review not yet started, ETA - 10/20

10/23: Review in-progress

10/30: Review completed

11/13: Addressing review comment in-progress, Add VS tests

11/20: Pending VS test

12/4: VS may be a separate PR. Nikhil to update the PR (Sign-off pending (Prince))

12/11: Merged

sonic-buildimage

Fdbsyncd process start

https://github.com/Azure/sonic-buildimage/pull/5979

Kishore

Prince

12/4: Review pending. Dependant on PR 1276

12/18: Prince to look into the failure.

sonic-swss

Fpmsyncd changes for Type 5 routes

https://github.com/Azure/sonic-swss/pull/1326

Kishore K

Qi/Pavel/Prince

Open

9/18: Kishore to address comments

10/2: Addressed review comments

10/9: Reviewed, addressed

10/16: Few minor comment to address, Merge by this week

10/23: VS test failures to be fixed

10/30: Testing VS tests locally

11/13: Merged

sonic-swss

Warm Reboot changes for EVPN

https://github.com/Azure/sonic-swss/pull/1460 [VlanMgr]

https://github.com/Azure/sonic-swss/pull/1466 [Vrf, IntfMgr]

https://github.com/Azure/sonic-swss/pull/1556/files [fpm/fdbsyncd]

Nikhil/Anil

Ying/Prince

9/18: Changes related to intfmgr and vlanmgr

9/18: Nikhil to rase PR

10/2: Expected PRs next week

10/9: Raise for VlanMgr

10/16: Ying to review

10/23: Qi to review

10/30: Prince to follow-up with Qi

11/13: Anil to address review comments

11/20: Rajesh J to check on why the state is changed

12/4: Nikhil/Anil to update Vlanmgr PR for VS test state change. Nikhil to raise fdbsyncd PR

12/11: Merge next week

12/18: Change to reconciled and check if Vxlanmgr require change. To review 1556.

sonic-swss

Fdbsync bug fixes

https://github.com/Azure/sonic-swss/pull/1553

https://github.com/Azure/sonic-swss/pull/1549/

Kishore K

Prince

12/18: New PR

12/18: Merged

Sonic-mgmt

Add pytest (https://github.com/Azure/sonic-mgmt/tree/master/tests)

12/18: Rajesh to talk to Ben and get back.

sonic-frr

FRR patch for Type 5 routes

https://github.com/Azure/sonic-buildimage/pull/4806

Kishore K

Pavel

9/18: BCM to upstream

10/2: Yet to raise PR to FRR

10/16: No updates

10/30: Working on this on FRR 7.6

11/13: PR raised to FRR community.

12/18: FRR review in-progress

sonic-frr

FRR version upgrade (patches for GR)

 https://github.com/Azure/sonic-buildimage/pull/5499

Pavel

Hasan

9/18: FRR version to upgrade to 7.4

Hasan/Ben on to get back on this

10/2: Hasan to review

sonic-linux-kernel

Linux kernel patch for control plane learnt fdb/neigh entries

Kernel: 4.19.0-9-2-amd64

Hasan

9/18: Hasan to get back if changes are in 4.19

Kernel: 4.19.0-9-2-amd64

10/2: Most changes are present.

sonic-linux-kernel

libnl/iproute2 changes for ARP suppression

Karthikeyan

9/18: Already in 4.19

sonic-buildimage

Bgpcfgd changes for FRR EVPN/Static routes etc

 https://github.com/Azure/sonic-buildimage/pull/5142

Zhenhong

Pavel

9/18: PR is in review

9/18: Zhenhong to address the comments

ben....@broadcom.com

non lue,
6 janv. 2021, 18:58:0206/01/2021
à sonic-evpn-workgroup
Prince,

Will there be a call this week? I don't see one on the calendar and I think we need one to hit 202012.

Thanks,

Ben

Prince Sunny

non lue,
6 janv. 2021, 21:36:5006/01/2021
à ben.gale,sonic-evpn-workgroup

Hi Ben,

We are not planning to have a WG meeting this week but shall offline contact the PR owners/reviewers for any update. I’ll setup a call based on the progress, may be early next week.

..Prince

This electronic communication and the information and any files transmitted with it, or attached to it, are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, legally privileged, protected by privacy laws, or otherwise restricted from disclosure to anyone else. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, copying, distributing, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please return the e-mail to the sender, delete it from your computer, and destroy any printed copy of it.

Ben Gale

non lue,
7 janv. 2021, 07:37:3407/01/2021
à Prince Sunny,sonic-evpn-workgroup
Prince,

Sorry to keep nagging, but can we pls go ahead and setup a call for early next week anyway? I'm sure we're going to need it, so why wait? The gate is closing on 202012 in the next few days, so we have no time to lose .......

Thanks,

Ben

ben....@broadcom.com

non lue,
8 janv. 2021, 07:21:0108/01/2021
à sonic-evpn-workgroup
Prince/All,

The following PRs have been changed/raised in order to align to FRR 7.5: -

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Gale

non lue,
11 janv. 2021, 18:13:3111/01/2021
à sonic-evpn-workgroup
All,

I see that the following code PRs merged on Friday - good news and thanks: -

I believe the following are remaining: -

Does that look right to everyone?

Note that there was a Community status call earlier today where it was floated that we might use tomorrow's weekly Community call to review this status and perhaps complete reviews - I don't know if Xin/Anshu have caught up with you on this? I'm still awaiting confirmation, but please be ready. If not, I still think we need a call to close out this week.

Thanks,

Ben
Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur