RE: EVPN code review - 11/20

Prince Sunny

Nov 24, 2020, 1:17:39 PM11/24/20
to Tapash Das, Rajesh Sankaran, ben.gale, Laveen Thamilchelvam, Madhu Pal, devel...@aviznetworks.com, karthikeyan.a...@broadcom.com, sonic-evpn-workgroup, Rajesh Pukhraj Jain, Qi Luo, Ying Xie, Pavel Shirshov, Zhenggen Xu, Guohan Lu, Xin Liu (CLOUD), Nikhil Kelapure, Rita Hui, Phanira...@dell.com, Mahalinga, Venkatesan, gord_chen 陳冠億, Shapiro, Arkadiy, Perumal, Kumaresh, dilip...@broadcom.com, 刘浩然, syed....@broadcom.com, 童轶凡, kishor...@broadcom.com, OU, Heidi, Marian Pritsak, Dong Zhang, Petro Pikh, volodymyrs, Jeff...@dell.com, Vasant Patil, Yuval Borenstein, Sudarshan, Reshma, sat...@gmail.com

Please find update for 11/20. Latest is highlighted.

Repo

Description

PR ID

Owner

Reviewers

Status

HLDs

SONiC

EVPN VXLAN HLD

https://github.com/Azure/SONiC/pull/437

Rajesh S

EVPN WG

Open

9/18: Comments are being addressed

10/2: Rajesh/Nikhil to address the warmboot comments

10/9: Comments from Alibaba, Nikhil update the HLD

10/9: HLD is updated, Alibaba, MSFT to sign-off after review

10/30: HLD updated with timings. Ying/Heidi to approve

11/13: Pending sign-off/merge

SONiC

Kernel programming performance enhancement - Netlink API

https://github.com/Azure/SONiC/pull/493

Naveen S

Qi Luo/Kumaresh

Open

9/18: Arp suppression requires nlapis, EVPN feature itself is not blocked.

10/2: Qi luo/Kumaresh to review

10/9: BCM to address the comment

10/16: In-progress [Moved to next release]

SAI PRs

SAI

Improved support for p2p tunnels (Add DIP in the tunnel sai attribute)

https://github.com/opencomputeproject/SAI/pull/1025

Vissu

Merged

SAI

Support for per-vlan traps (incl. the ARP/ND PR)

https://github.com/opencomputeproject/SAI/pull/1092

Jai

Merged

SAI

Support for static FDB Entries to allow MAC Move

https://github.com/opencomputeproject/SAI/pull/1024

Vissu

Merged

SONiC Code PRs

sonic-swss-common

EVPN VXLAN DB support

https://github.com/Azure/sonic-swss-common/pull/339

Rajesh S

Prince

Merged

sonic-swss-common

Support to register for RAW Netlink Msg handling to support EVPN Type5 route

https://github.com/Azure/sonic-swss-common/pull/353

Kishore K

Qi Luo/Kumaresh

Open

10/2: All comments  are addressed

10/9: Pending sign-off

10/16: Closed

sonic-swss-common

Warm Reboot changes for EVPN

https://github.com/Azure/sonic-swss-common/pull/350

Rajesh S

Qi Luo/Ying/Dong/Heidi

Open

9/18: Currently addressing review-comments

10/2: Comments address by Nikhil

10/9: Merged

sonic-utilities

VXLAN config and show utilities

https://github.com/Azure/sonic-utilities/pull/870

Rajesh S

Gord Chen/Prince/Madhu

Open

10/2: Comments addressed

10/9: Restructure and unit-test required, Review complete

10/16: Addressing comments by BCM

10/23: in-progress (after orch changes)

11/13: Pending unit-tests

sonic-swss

Layer 2 Forwarding Enhancements

https://github.com/Azure/sonic-swss/pull/885

Anil P

 Xu/Prince

Rebase

9/18: Recommend to split the PR. EVPN related changes are part PR 1275

10/2: Split work is in-progress

10/9: Not ready for review

sonic-swss

VxlanOrch and PortsOrch changes

https://github.com/Azure/sonic-swss/pull/1264

Rajesh S

Gord Chen/Prince/Ying/Kumaresh/Madhu

Rebase

9/18: Rajesh to update the PR rebase issue

9/18: Review in progress, ETA for review – 9/25

10/9: Review pending

10/16: Addressing comments by BCM, rebase required

10/23: in-progress

10/30: Review comments addressed

11/13: Pending re-review/sign-off - ETA 11/20

sonic-swss

VxlanMgr changes

https://github.com/Azure/sonic-swss/pull/1266

Rajesh S

Gord Chen/Prince/Ying/Kumaresh/Madhu

Open

ETA for review – 9/25

10/2: No update

10/9: BCM to address review-comments

10/16: Addressing comments by BCM

10/23: Will take after orch.

10/30: Review comments addressed

11/13: Pending sign-off/ VS tests

sonic-swss

Pytest for VxlanOrch, Portsorch and VxlanMgr

https://github.com/Azure/sonic-swss/pull/1318

Rajesh S

 Madhu

Open

10/2: No update

10/30: Yet to start this week

sonic-swss

L3 VXLAN changes

https://github.com/Azure/sonic-swss/pull/1267

Dependent on PR# 1264

Tapash D

 Prince/Phani

Open

ETA for review – 10/2

10/2: Rebase required. Conflicts, review in-progress

10/9: Reviewed - Please rebase as there are other fgnhg /bulkroute changes that got merged

10/16: Review comments addressed, review closure by this week

10/23: Phani reviewing, ETA next week

10/30: Review comments addressed

sonic-swss

PY Test for L3 VxLAN

https://github.com/Azure/sonic-swss/pull/1330/

Tapash D

 Prince/Phani

Open

ETA for review – 10/2

10/2: in-progress

10/16: No update

10/23: Review complete

sonic-swss

FdbOrch changes

https://github.com/Azure/sonic-swss/pull/1275

Dependent on PR# 1264

Pankaj J

Gord Chen/Vasant

Rebase

9/18: Pankaj to rebase

9/18: No changes required in sai-redis

10/2: Sync-up with Xu (Prince)

10/9: Vasant reviewing

10/16: Addressing comments by BCM

10/23: Comments are address, Vasant to take another look

10/30: Prince to review ETA 11/6

11/13: Pankaj to address review and remove non-evpn code

sonic-swss

ARP suppression changes

Karthikeyan

9/18: Use shell commands, Karthik to raise PR

10/2: no-update

10/9: Private implementation currently.

sonic-swss

Fdbsyncd changes

https://github.com/Azure/sonic-swss/pull/1276

Kishore K

Gord Chen/Vasant/Prince

9/18: Rebase to resolve conflicts

10/2: Sync-up with Xu (Prince)

10/16: Review not yet started, ETA - 10/20

10/23: Review in-progress

10/30: Review completed

11/13: Addressing review comment in-progress, Add VS tests

11/20: Pending VS test

sonic-swss

Fpmsyncd changes for Type 5 routes

https://github.com/Azure/sonic-swss/pull/1326

Kishore K

Qi/Pavel/Prince

Open

9/18: Kishore to address comments

10/2: Addressed review comments

10/9: Reviewed, addressed

10/16: Few minor comment to address, Merge by this week

10/23: VS test failures to be fixed

10/30: Testing VS tests locally

11/13: Merged

sonic-swss

Warm Reboot changes for EVPN

https://github.com/Azure/sonic-swss/pull/1460 [VlanMgr]

https://github.com/Azure/sonic-swss/pull/1466 [Vrf, IntfMgr]

Nikhil/Anil

Ying/Prince

9/18: Changes related to intfmgr and vlanmgr

9/18: Nikhil to rase PR

10/2: Expected PRs next week

10/9: Raise for VlanMgr

10/16: Ying to review

10/23: Qi to review

10/30: Prince to follow-up with Qi

11/13: Anil to address review comments

11/20: Rajesh J to check on why the state is changed

sonic-frr

FRR patch for Type 5 routes

https://github.com/Azure/sonic-buildimage/pull/4806

Kishore K

Pavel

9/18: BCM to upstream

10/2: Yet to raise PR to FRR

10/16: No updates

10/30: Working on this on FRR 7.6

11/13: PR raised to FRR community.

sonic-frr

FRR version upgrade (patches for GR)

 https://github.com/Azure/sonic-buildimage/pull/5499

Pavel

Hasan

9/18: FRR version to upgrade to 7.4

Hasan/Ben on to get back on this

10/2: Hasan to review

sonic-linux-kernel

Linux kernel patch for control plane learnt fdb/neigh entries

Kernel: 4.19.0-9-2-amd64

Hasan

9/18: Hasan to get back if changes are in 4.19

Kernel: 4.19.0-9-2-amd64

10/2: Most changes are present.

sonic-linux-kernel

libnl/iproute2 changes for ARP suppression

Karthikeyan

9/18: Already in 4.19

sonic-buildimage

Bgpcfgd changes for FRR EVPN/Static routes etc

 https://github.com/Azure/sonic-buildimage/pull/5142

Zhenhong

Pavel

9/18: PR is in review

9/18: Zhenhong to address the comments

Microsoft Teams meeting

Join on your computer or mobile app

Click here to join the meeting

Or call in (audio only)

+1 323-849-4874,,121342274#   United States, Los Angeles

Phone Conference ID: 121 342 274#

ben....@broadcom.com

Nov 24, 2020, 7:18:27 PM11/24/20
to sonic-evpn-workgroup
Prince,

Thanks for the excellent notes, and for everything you are doing to help with this huge review effort. However I'm becoming a bit concerned about whether we can get to the finish line by the end of December (presumed 202012 deadline), especially given all the US holidays coming up. There are still many open items. Please lets all keep the focus and energy up so we can achieve this major milestone for SONiC.

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Gale

Dec 1, 2020, 10:26:31 AM12/1/20
to sonic-evpn-workgroup
Prince,

I don't see any upcoming calls on this topic - looks like the series ran-out. Should we extend them through December? Our clock is ticking here .....

Thanks,

Ben