Question re: using EVPN/VXLAN + MC-LAG

Benjamin Goldstone

Dec 16, 2020, 7:39:15 PM12/16/20
to sonic-evpn-workgroup
Hello,
We are looking into various use cases for VXLAN/EVPN + MLAG and wanted to ask if those two features can be used simultaneously (we've previously run into issues with some vendors where the two weren't supported together).

Can anyone shed any light on if there are caveats for using these two in conjunction? A common scenario would be a dual-homed server running a hypervisor connecting to two leaf switches in a VXLAN/EVPN network.

I'd be happy to document more extensively / contribute to documentation on this if someone wouldn't mind pointing me in the right direction.

Thank you!
Ben

ben....@broadcom.com

Dec 22, 2020, 8:30:00 AM12/22/20
to sonic-evpn-workgroup
Ben,

Broadcom is currently upstreaming both EVPN/VXLAN and MC-LAG. However these do not work together. IOW, the EVPN/VXLAN solution is for single-attach hosts only.

Thanks,

Ben