cannot get zipimporter instance

david.l...@gmail.com

Mar 17, 2019, 10:31:34 AM3/17/19
to songpress
Hi,
I've just tried to upgrade to 1.7.2 on Windows 10.  I removed the older version I had (don't remember which it was).  Now I can't open SongPress.  It gives me a popup message box that says:

cannot get zipimporter instance

the title of the message box is:

cx_Freeze Fatal Error

and when I click OK, it just ends.

What should I do?
Thanks for a great tool! (seriously - it's very helpful)

david.l...@gmail.com

Mar 17, 2019, 10:36:36 AM3/17/19
to songpress
UPDATE:
I used the IOBIT Uninstaller and uninstalled EVERYTHING about SongPress and then reinstalled and it worked.  So I guess there was residual files getting in the way from the previous install.  So hopefully this will help someone else.

Luca Allulli

Mar 17, 2019, 10:40:00 AM3/17/19
to song...@googlegroups.com
Thank you David! Yes, it's possible that some were in use when you uninstalled the previous version of Songpress, and thus they didn't get removed properly. I'm glad you resolved the problem.
Best,
Luca

--

---
Hai ricevuto questo messaggio perché sei iscritto al gruppo "songpress" di Google Gruppi.