Swagger/OAS or RAML ?

Nicky van Steensel van der Aa

Oct 4, 2019, 6:12:35 AM10/4/19
to Songkick API
Hello,

I was working with the API and find that the documentation on certain fields could use a bit of a touch up.
For example the min_date and max_date return a bad request if you request more then 16 days. And this part:

Sorting events

Results are sorted by event date. The order can be specified with 'asc' or 'desc' (default = 'asc')
does not state the name of the parameter you need to set to asc or desc.

Are there any plans to publish an api specification, preferably in RAML, or OAS/Swagger?
It takes an hour to make but it's heaven for developers working with the api, and both provide support for tools that visualize and document your api interactively.

Kind regards, Nicky

Felix Harrison

Oct 4, 2019, 7:42:23 AM10/4/19
to Songkick API
Hello Nicky,

First of all, thanks for using our API!

As for your first question: Please make sure that you are using the correct formate for the dates you use in the query. The format should be YYYY-MM-DD. So, 2019-10-05 would we work while 2019-10-5 wouldn't work. Take a look at this example request that shows how to correctly request upcoming events for an artist in a date range:

https://api.songkick.com/api/3.0/artists/8913479/calendar.json?apikey={your_api_key}&min_date=2019-10-05&max_date=2019-11-05

 Please give that a try and see if it works for you. :)

For sorting events, the parameter is order. This is documented in the parameter list found on this page: https://www.songkick.com/developer/upcoming-events-for-artist

I hope this helps you be able to use the API better in the future.

As for publishing API specification we are happy that our docs cover lot of use cases for the API and are not currently working on changing it. This may change in the future so be sure to keep checking back to see if anything has changed

Many thanks,

Felix

Developer, Songkick