[FR] Spotify Artist ID in the Event object’s resultsPage.results.event.performance[n].artist node

g...@weva.io

Feb 13, 2019, 4:35:25 AM2/13/19
to Songkick API
[Feature Request]

I had a short conversation with Chris Williams from Songkick Support about the API, and I asked if they are planning to include the Spotify Artist ID in the Event object’s resultsPage.results.event.performance[n].artist node in the near future. Though he liked my suggestion, he couldn't predict when any changes to their API will be made ("it entirely depends on our quarterly product goals.").

Based on this Songkick article, the Spotify Artist ID is already known and paired with Songkick artists, so I'm guessing that including this data in the API response would be like flipping a switch.

I opened this topic to keep track of this feature request, and to ask other developers opinion on this.
IMO this feature would open up a lot of new possibilities.

What are your thoughts?

felix.h...@songkick.com

Feb 14, 2019, 1:02:19 PM2/14/19
to Songkick API
Hey!

Thanks for you message and feature request.

At the moment we're not actively working on this right now but will definitely consider your request for the future!

Many thanks,

Felix

g...@weva.io

Apr 29, 2019, 3:47:41 AM4/29/19
to Songkick API
Hi Felix,

Any news on this topic?

Thanks,

felix.h...@songkick.com

Apr 29, 2019, 4:20:44 AM4/29/19
to Songkick API
Good morning,

We are not currently addressing this feature as we are working on other things at this time. We will continue to inform the API users community when there are any updates.

Many thanks,

Felix

We Va

Jan 24, 2020, 4:33:01 AM1/24/20