evaluating sonata

Lyndon Barrie

Dec 17, 2016, 6:27:32 AM12/17/16
to sonata-devs
Hi.

I was looking at Sonata in terms of evaluating and found it difficult to get it up and running in terms of:

 * the sandbox requires a server to be running (no docker)
 * the sandbox composer update fails

I also thought the documentation is very developer centric, so looking at the features on offer without testing it myself (the demo is really good by the way) is difficult.

Is there any possibility in getting the docker file published to be able to run my own evaluation? and publishing the the documentation?

Also, I am worried about future maintainability - with the composer update issues. Is this being looked at?

I have previously looked to try and help as I am a developer, but have always hit hurdles. I'm happy to try to explain how I found it difficult to contribute if it helps?

Anyway, to paraphrase:
 * can we get the Dockerfile for the demo
 * Is the composer version conflicts planned to be fixed
 * Is there a straight forwards place to go to see how to contribute?

Thanks in advance!

Lyndon Barrie

Dec 17, 2016, 8:42:29 AM12/17/16
to sonata-devs