Request configuration on Nemo for Google OAuth plugin

Deven Phillips

May 27, 2016, 12:23:43 PM5/27/16
to SonarQube
I'm happy to announce that I have completed working on a plugin for Google OAuth integrate with SonarQube.

I'd like to set it up so that it will be scanned by Nemo so that I can tick that box to get ready for inclusion in the Update list.

Thanks in advance!!!

Deven Phillips

Fabrice Bellingard

Jun 1, 2016, 4:45:02 AM6/1/16
to Deven Phillips, SonarQube
Hi Deren,

as you can notice on http://docs.sonarqube.org/display/PLUG/Other+Plugins, there are now 3 different SQ Google Auth plugins. Have you considered contacting the other guys in order to unite forces? What's more, this would be simpler for the community because currently, I don't know how one can choose which plugin to use.

Thanks

Best regards,

Fabrice BELLINGARD | SonarSource
SonarQube & SonarLint Product Manager
http://sonarsource.com

Deven Phillips

Jun 1, 2016, 7:52:40 AM6/1/16
to SonarQube, deven.p...@gmail.com
Fabrice,

    The description for the plugin created by ZeroTurnaround specifically says that they are not interested in further developing the plugin... I have just reached out to the author of the other plugin and asked for his preference in how he would like to proceed. My main concern is that a Google OAuth plugin makes it into the Update Center so that people like me don't just decide to go off and write (yet another) implementation. If I could have found a Google OAuth plugin, I wouldn't have bothered to write the code I wrote. I'll let you know what I find out, but in the meantime could we add a configuration on Nemo so that one or the other of the implementations can start down the road toward being included in the Update Center?

Thanks in advance!

Deven Phillips

Fabrice Bellingard

Jun 1, 2016, 10:26:59 AM6/1/16
On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 1:52 PM, Deven Phillips <deven.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
Fabrice,

    The description for the plugin created by ZeroTurnaround specifically says that they are not interested in further developing the plugin... I have just reached out to the author of the other plugin and asked for his preference in how he would like to proceed. My main concern is that a Google OAuth plugin makes it into the Update Center so that people like me don't just decide to go off and write (yet another) implementation. If I could have found a Google OAuth plugin, I wouldn't have bothered to write the code I wrote.

Maybe this is not clear to everybody (and so maybe we should make it clearer), but all existing plugins don't necessarily end up being in the Update Center, which is why there is a dedicated page listing them: http://docs.sonarqube.org/display/PLUG/Other+Plugins

On that page, the Google Auth plugin(s) are listed.

I'll let you know what I find out, but in the meantime could we add a configuration on Nemo so that one or the other of the implementations can start down the road toward being included in the Update Center?

The problem is that the 2 implementations don't have the same groupId so this will impact the project key. I'd rather wait that you take a decision with the other guy and that we clean all this, and then we'll push the plugin on Nemo.

Thanks in advance!

Deven Phillips

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 6:23 PM, Deven Phillips <deven.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm happy to announce that I have completed working on a plugin for Google OAuth integrate with SonarQube.

I'd like to set it up so that it will be scanned by Nemo so that I can tick that box to get ready for inclusion in the Update list.

Thanks in advance!!!

Deven Phillips

Deven Phillips

Apr 17, 2017, 7:57:10 AM4/17/17
to SonarQube, deven.p...@gmail.com
Fabrice,

     I have integrated my code with the other OAuth2 implementation and both authors agree to manage this under this GitHub repo for all future development. Could we now have a configuration on Nemo for inclusion in the update center?

Thanks in advance!

Deven

G. Ann Campbell

Apr 17, 2017, 8:19:42 AM4/17/17
to SonarQube, deven.p...@gmail.com
Hi Deven,

Please start a new thread for this request.

Thx,
Ann