Set projects to Private by default

dchri...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2018, 2:23:01 PM6/6/18
to SonarQube
Hello all.

I have an interesting issue due to our SonarQube setup.

I'll be brief (well, I'll try).

Our Prod instance of SQ is running in Tectonic (the deployment is with Kubernetes) and it's running very well. In order to have some of the server properties set, we included them in a properties secret file.

I have no issues tweaking this and getting settings in and out, but I am not able to find a way to set a global default in the properties file.

I need to make it so that all projects default to be private. I would like to do this through the sonar.properties file on the server, but I can also put it in the sonar-projects.properties file as well (for our Sonar-Scanner container).

I can change it in the GUI, however, it does not stick. As soon as you set it and refresh/leave, come back it resets to Public.

Does anyone have the value=key for this setting?

Thanks!

G. Ann Campbell

Jun 7, 2018, 10:14:45 AM6/7/18
to SonarQube
Hi,

This is not the kind of thing you can set from sonar.properties.

Can you expand a little bit on what you mean when you say "As soon as you set it and refresh/leave, come back", please? Specifically, you're talking about starting a new browser session without touching (e.g. restarting) your server?

And if so, do you see any errors in either your server logs or your browser console?

Thx,
Ann

dchri...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2018, 12:37:41 PM6/7/18
to SonarQube
Thanks for the response.

What is happening is when I go into the GUI (Administration > Projects > Management), there is an option to set the default: Default visibility of new projects: Public

Now, when I set it to Private, it changes. As soon as I navigate off the page (to somewhere else in SQ) and come back to the page, OR, just hit the browser refresh button, it always reverts back to Public.

No errors show up in the log files, well, nothing is in the log files regarding this (I was live tailing when I made the changes).

Hope this clears that up.

Thanks!

G. Ann Campbell

Jun 8, 2018, 2:21:07 AM6/8/18
to dchri...@gmail.com, SonarQube
Hi,

Could you also check your browser console for errors?

Thx,
Ann

---
G. Ann Campbell | SonarSource
Product Manager
@GAnnCampbell

--
Important: this SonarQube Google Group will close on June 11th, 2018, in order to move to a new forum to power even more community discussions. See details in this post: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sonarqube/BbSZz-JnhVM/DavhMueEAAAJ
---

dchri...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2018, 1:43:05 PM6/8/18
to SonarQube
I wasn't getting anything in the console, but I was not patient enough, this is what showed up:

Thanks!

Julien Lancelot

Jun 11, 2018, 4:16:21 AM6/11/18
to dchri...@gmail.com, SonarQube
Hi,

This issue is fixed in 6.7.4 and 7.2 : https://jira.sonarsource.com/browse/SONAR-10569

Regards,

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SonarQube" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sonarqube/55cf1897-b45f-4121-9650-4198481726ff%40googlegroups.com.

Julien Lancelot | SonarSource