SonarQube CrowdID (OpenID) integration issues

marat...@gmail.com

Sep 23, 2015, 2:28:26 PM9/23/15
to SonarQube
Hello I am new to OpenID/CrowdID
SonarQube - 4.5.1

I have many apps, which are integrated with Crowd SSO but not CrowdID

My Crowd, CrowdID and as well as SonarQube is on HTTPS

Apparently SoanrQube will SSO only with OpenID but not with Crowd, so I thought, if I use CrowdID to SSO, it will work with CROWD SSO.

Since CrowdID was not set on my crowd instance, I created an application in my crowd to be used by CrowdID. basically followed

On the SonaQube, I downloaded OPENID plugin

Set parameters for plugin as follow:

sonar.authenticator.createUsers=true

sonar.security.realm=openid

sonar.openid.providerUrl=<Crowd URL>/openidserver/op

sonar.openid.providerLogoutUrl=<Crowd URL>/openidserver/logoff.action

When I click on login page from SonarQube I get "This page can’t be displayed"

However, if I logon to CrowdID <crowd URL>/openidserver/

I can see that "https://<SOANRQUBE HOSTNAME>:8501/sonarqube " is requesting access, and I select allow always.

I can even see login history etc.

Then I open SonarQube url again and click on Login, I get logged in seamlessly.

Now, if I close this browser tab ,and open new tab  and go to SOnarQube, and click login, I still get "This page can’t be displayed" and url changes to

https://<SOANRQUBE HOSTNAME>:8501/sonarqube/sessions/new?return_to=%2Fsonarqube%2F

What I may be doing wrong? Also, is there way for users to 'allow always' and not provide other options? These are all internal users.

If I logged on to say JIRA (which is SSO enabled with crowd), will I be able to login seamlessly from SonarQube with CorwdID SSO?

Thanks