Incompatibility issue between TFS 2017 Extension 4.0.2, Sonarquebe Server 6.3 and Plugin C# 6.6.0.3969

gloria.g...@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2018, 1:32:55 PM3/19/18
to SonarQube
hello to everyone in the group:

We are working on the migration of TFS 2015 towards TFS 2017.

We update the new SonarQube extension (4.0.2) as well as the plugin on the server for C # code (sonar-csharp-plugin-6.6.0.3969).

We are checking that the definitions of the builds with the previous tasks of sonarqube (Sonarquebe for MSBuild-Begin Analysis and SonarQube for MSBuild-End Analysis) continue to work correctly, and then we can make a modification and update plan for the new tasks proposed by the extension.

We encountered a problem when generating the build .:

## [error] The C # plugin installed on the SonarQube server is not compatible with the SonarQube analysis agent (i.e. the MSBuild.SonarQube.Runner.exe, or the build automation task). Either check the compatibility matrix or get the latest versions for both.
2018-03-19T17: 15: 08.2276942Z ## [error] Pre-processing failed. Exit code: 1 "

Does anyone know how I can solve this error?

All the Best,
Gloria

nicolas...@sonarsource.com

Mar 20, 2018, 4:53:56 AM3/20/18
to SonarQube
Hi Gloria,

To use the latest extension in VSTS you will have to upgrade to the latest versions of SonarC# (per underlying scanner compatibility). Note that these latest versions require SonarQube v6.7+, so a good opportunity to upgrade SonarQube if not already done so (v6.7 is LTS since last November).

Best regards,
Nicolas