SonarQube gradle plug-in is no longer available

Tom Dinkelaker

Jun 23, 2016, 4:28:54 AM6/23/16
to SonarQube
Dear all,

I hope it is okay, if I report an important problem of the new SonarQube Gradle plugin on this mailing list,
but I found no better channel, since on GitHub (https://github.com/SonarSource/sonar-gradle) has deactivted the "Issues" tab.

There seems to be a problem with the automatic release of the plugin.
After facing the problem myself, I found several reports on stackoverflow and other forums,
none of the solutions there are correct and neither have they solved my problem, so I performed a root cause analysis.

Analysis:
states that the latest stable SonarQube Gradle plugin has:
* group ID: org.sonarsource.scanner.gradle
* artifcat ID: sonarqube-gradle-plugin
* version: 2.0.1 (latest stable version)
Deployed at mavenCentral.

From which one can derive download path:
but https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/sonarsource/scanner/ works and gives back a list of all other plugins:

In contrast, the gradle plug-in docu states that the plug-in is deployed at https://plugins.gradle.org/m2/

From which one can derive download path:
https://plugins.gradle.org/m2/org/sonarsource/scanner/gradle/sonarqube-gradle-plugin/2.0.1  --> forward
which is forwarded to:

It looks like, the plugin distribution was never uploaded.
Also no other versions of this plugin are available in none of the major maven repositories.

Is the issue known? Can anybody help? Is there a public deployed maven repo with the plug-in?

Regards,
Tom Dinkelaker

Julien HENRY

Jun 29, 2016, 3:46:43 AM6/29/16
to SonarQube
Hi,

This is a well known issue of https://plugins.gradle.org/m2/. When you try to browse it you are badly redirected to https://jcenter.bintray.com

I consider it is not a problem on our side (we are following official Gradle way to publish plugins) but due to the big number of complains on this topic I'll try to also deploy on Maven central for next release.

++

Julien

nish...@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2017, 5:32:24 AM6/16/17
to SonarQube
Hi Tom,
Did you find a resolution for this? Im facing the same issue.

Regards,
Nishigandha.

Dr Paul Gorman

Jun 27, 2017, 9:28:55 PM6/27/17
to SonarQube, nish...@gmail.com
Hi there,

I had issues but I'm successfully using 2.5 of the plugin.... the trick was to use the older plugin usage as the new usage kept wanting to go directly to the internet and not use our internal Artifactory Maven repo.

buildscript {
    repositories {
        mavenLocal()
    }
    dependencies {
        classpath 'org.sonarsource.scanner.gradle:sonarqube-gradle-plugin:2.5'
    }
}
/*
Does new usage does not work as the plugin wants to access the Internet and proxy is getting in the way... the apply plugin method points to the maven repo which works

plugins {
    id "org.sonarqube" version "2.5"
}
*/

apply plugin: 'java'
apply plugin: 'org.sonarqube'

sonarqube {
    properties {
        property 'sonar.branch', 'superduper-online-services/poc-gradle-jacoco'
    }
}

Regards

Paul