deep learning

alexand...@gmail.com

Oct 22, 2017, 3:58:04 AM10/22/17
to SonarQube
you guys should make a robot that plays with metrics.

put one in the cloud and train it with open source (or even private data) then sell the trainig data (or provide it free, for all i care)

train it with metrics that are simple (like total lines of code), evaluate it with number of bugs (or technical debt or both or both and more) and let it give recommendation for metrics that are "shallow" (like polimorphism factor ; where the value can be many things and the project can still do good)

dinesh.bo...@sonarsource.com

Oct 23, 2017, 5:02:56 AM10/23/17
to SonarQube
Hello Alexandru,

Levering machine learning to analyze source code is something we have just started working on.
So that is definitely something a topic we are interested in.

There is one point of your email that I am not sure to have understood: What do you mean by selling the training data or providing it for free?

In any case, thank you for the suggestion!

--
Dinesh Bolkensteyn | SonarSource

Principal Scientist

@dbolkensteyn