only check new updated codes

theci...@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2017, 12:25:41 AM9/29/17
to SonarQube
Hi there,

Is it possible to check/scan new updated codes for SonarQube, please?

For example, from git repository.

Best Regards,

FrankChen

Sep 29, 2017, 3:11:30 AM9/29/17
to SonarQube
Maybe, can use preview mode here,

But not work for me in my local host.

Any idea about it, pls

Thanks,

G. Ann Campbell

Sep 29, 2017, 9:26:33 AM9/29/17
to SonarQube
Hi,

That blog post is quite old (in Internet years) at this point. But from your reference, I take it that you want to analyze only changed code? There are 2 easy ways to do that:

1. Use SonarLint, which will give you pre-commit analysis
2. Use Pull Request Analysis, which is available for GitHub, and GitLab

The third option is to run full analyses, but focus on the leak.

HTH,
Ann

FrankChen

Sep 29, 2017, 10:46:39 PM9/29/17
to SonarQube

Many thanks for your reply. :-)

Yes, I only want to analyze changed code. Will check if works for me as per your guide.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Frank

FrankChen

Sep 29, 2017, 10:52:51 PM9/29/17
to SonarQube
Hi Ann,

I still do not check more details about your guide.

But look like SonarLint only work with some IDE tool. And I will set up one workaround in my PC with Github based on the following post -
https://docs.sonarqube.org/display/PLUG/GitHub+Plugin.

Before, I just use SonarQube Scanner by terminal from Mac OS.

Thanks
Frank

FrankChen

Sep 29, 2017, 10:54:51 PM9/29/17
to SonarQube
More, I need to use Jenkins with SonarQube and Git plugins.

Thanks,

FrankChen

Sep 29, 2017, 11:02:43 PM9/29/17
to SonarQube
I think this is one very import feature that only check the delta (changes) for one project with a lot of codes. How about, pls?

I also find that many developers are/were discussing this feature in stackoverflow or other spaces.

Thanks
Frank

G. Ann Campbell

Oct 2, 2017, 7:28:38 AM10/2/17
to FrankChen, SonarQube
Hi Frank,

I've having trouble understanding the question. Could you elaborate?

Ann

---
G. Ann Campbell | SonarSource
Product Manager