Feature request - SVN SCM PlugIn - Do not fail when a file is deleted after analysis has started

Andreas

Aug 3, 2015, 2:33:38 AM8/3/15
to SonarQube
Hello,

if I start a long running analysis (using the Analysis Bootstrapper for Visual Studio Projects) it might fail if a file is deleted in SVN during the run.
This means - the file exists in the local working copy that is being analyzed, but it's no longer available in th head revision of the SVN repository.
Ideally the analysis should use the revision that the working copy has - but for me it seems that it is using the head revision.

Please let me know if I was unclear of if you need more information.

Best regards,

Andreas

P.S.: Here is the error message I've encountered:
ERROR: Error during Sonar runner execution
ERROR: Unable to execute Sonar
ERROR: Caused by: Error when executing blame for file Behavior/TourCarrierAssociationModelBuilder.cs
ERROR: Caused by: svn: E160013: File not found: revision 172797, path '/soloplan/trunk/Dot.Net/Soloplan/Exchange/Base/Application/Domain/Behavior/TourCarrierAssociationModelBuilder.cs'

Julien HENRY

Aug 3, 2015, 3:28:15 AM8/3/15
to SonarQube
Hi Andreas,

Can you precise the version of the SQ SVN plugin you are using?

Thanks

Andreas

Aug 3, 2015, 3:42:30 AM8/3/15
to SonarQube
Hi Julien,
for sure ;-) I'm using version 1.1 in conjunction with SQ 5.1.2. Hope that helps.
Br,
Andreas

Julien HENRY

Aug 3, 2015, 5:03:42 AM8/3/15
to SonarQube
Hi Andreas,

Ticket created:
http://jira.sonarsource.com/browse/SONARSCSVN-6

Could you please test this SNAPSHOT and tell me if the issue is fixed on your side?

++

Julien

Andreas

Aug 5, 2015, 1:28:55 AM8/5/15
to SonarQube
Hi Julien,

thanks for the snapshot and excuse the late response. My analysis runs for around two days (multi-MLoC project) and so I just wanted to wait if it succeeds this time; but since it fails again with the same error, I now restarted it with the snapshot-version of the plugin. I will keep you up-to-date...

Best regards,

Andreas

Andreas

Aug 10, 2015, 2:56:25 AM8/10/15
to SonarQube
Hi Julien,

works great; at least I haven't encountered any SVN related problems during my last two runs :-)

Thanks,

Andreas