SVN plugin 1.1 cannot authenticate

Björn Kautler

Jul 8, 2015, 11:38:31 AM7/8/15
to sona...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I updated SVN plugin on our SQ instance from 1.0 to 1.1 and now the
"Sensor SCM Sensor" fails with message:

ERROR: Caused by: Error when executing blame for file
src/main/java/path/to/File.java
ERROR: Caused by: svn: E170001: Authentication required for
'<https://svnhost-01.company.com:443>'

If I downgrade SVN plugin to 1.0, it works fine again.
I have not configured (and do not want to configure) SVN username and
password via SQ properties.
I made sure that the default Subversion authentication store has
proper authentication data.
As I said, with 1.0 this worked just fine.

Regards
Björn

Julien HENRY

Jul 15, 2015, 4:46:31 AM7/15/15
to sona...@googlegroups.com, Bjo...@kautler.net
Hi Björn,

Main change is that 1.0 used to run native svn command line tool while 1.1 is using SVNKit Java library.

On which OS are you running? It seems native command line tool will create an encrypted authentication store that SVNKit is not able to decrypt. You may have to do your first operation (usually checkout) with SVNKit so that store is initialized in a "unencrypted" way.

++

Julien

Björn Kautler

Jul 15, 2015, 5:03:36 AM7/15/15
to Julien HENRY, sona...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julien,

no, the password is stored unencrypted and this is a Linux system.

Regards
Björn

Julien HENRY

Jul 16, 2015, 4:08:01 AM7/16/15
to sona...@googlegroups.com, Bjo...@kautler.net, julien...@sonarsource.com
Then this is supposed to be supported by SVNKit: http://wiki.svnkit.com/Authentication#DefaultSVNAuthenticationManager
I'll try to do some tests when time permits.

Björn Kautler

Oct 14, 2015, 7:09:41 AM10/14/15
to Julien HENRY, sona...@googlegroups.com

Björn Kautler