Placement of interface element "project-card-measure-inner" leads to unnecessarily "busy" UI.

chris.a....@gmail.com

Dec 13, 2017, 10:30:09 AM12/13/17
to SonarQube
We recently upgraded our SonarQube instances from 5.6.3 to Version 6.7 (build 33306) which has some significant differences in UI. Most of the changes are actually pretty great!

But I noticed something which actually is a bit irksome.

THE ISSUE
The UI element on the project screen for indicating quality gate status (Passed, Failed, etc) is appended to the end of the project name.

As project names likely have rather variable name length the indicator has a variable location visually across all the project list line-items.

SUGGESTION
It occurs to me that if this element had a predictable and static placement within the project line-item that the UI would feel significantly less "busy" and lead to a cleaner more comfortable experience.

Laura Wacrenier

Dec 13, 2017, 11:31:35 AM12/13/17
to SonarQube
Hello,

Thanks for your feedback, indeed I totally get your point. We'll take this into account if we decide to change the design of this page in future versions.

Cheers
Laura