Jenkins SonarQube Plugin - Error fetching project information Error 401

Nuno Bettencourt

Jun 14, 2017, 11:36:29 AM6/14/17
to SonarQube
Hi everyone,

I'm using jenkins v.2.46.3, sonarqube v.6.3.1 and sonarqube-scanner-jenkins plugin v2.6.1.

I have configured the jenkins scanner plugin with an access token.

When running the sonarqube scanner, all the jobs are able to get the profiles from SonarQube and reports are successfully transferred from Jenkins to SonarQube.

Nevertheless, when I view a Jenkins job, for some reason, SonarQube plugin tries to access the project quality gate. Then, I get a 401 error on my Jenkins log stating the request has been denied by SonarQube. Part of the error is shown below:

WARNING: Error fetching project information
org.sonarqube.ws.client.HttpException: Error 401 on https://MYSERVER/api/qualitygates/project_status?projectKey=MY_PROJECT_KEY
at org.sonarqube.ws.client.BaseResponse.failIfNotSuccessful(BaseResponse.java:34)

For what I reckon, something is wrong with SonarQube Plugin, because it is not able to properly configure the authentication provided on Jenkins (that is actually working for the maven scanner) when posting that request.

Any help on how to debug this?

Best regards,
Nuno Bettencourt