Embedded database should be used for evaluation purpose only. sonarqube 6.7.2

Ghania Hammiche

May 30, 2018, 9:41:12 AM5/30/18
to SonarQube
Hi,

i'm new in the use of sonarqube, so i'm exploring all the ways that we can use it before buy it.

i didn't understand what this message means ( i have the message all time just under the interface of sonarqube) :

Embedded database should be used for evaluation purpose only. The embedded database will not scale, it will not support upgrading to newer versions of SonarQube, and there is no support for migrating your data out of it into a different database engine.

Best regards,
Ghania
Capture d’écran (47).png

Amaury Leve

May 30, 2018, 10:02:24 AM5/30/18
to Ghania Hammiche, SonarQube
Hi,

That means that if you don't make any setup to use a "proper" database you won't be able to use our migration scripts to update your SonarQube (for example moving from 6.7 to 7.1). Besides if you use this embedded database for production all the data you have collected will be lost the day you will decide to switch to another database.

Hope my explanation was clear enough.

Cheers,
Amaury

Amaury Levé | SonarSource