Cycle implementation bug in Eclipse/SonarLint

rann.l...@gmail.com

May 24, 2018, 2:59:38 PM5/24/18
to SonarQube

After looking at the following question at StackOverflow, I attempted to reproduce the described use case and experienced it exactly as described:

This issue was reproduced on Eclipse Oxygen.2 Release (4.7.2) with SonarLint 3.5.0. I also tried this use case in IntelliJ, but the issue was not encountered.

Steps to reproduce :

  1. Created an empty interface called 'Menu'
  2. Created a simple class with an enum called 'Menu' which implements 'Menu' (as seen in the snapshot).
  3. Despite the linter complaining on detecting a cycle, I saved the edited class.
  4. The error messages found in the snapshots were encountered.

G. Ann Campbell

May 24, 2018, 3:06:59 PM5/24/18
to SonarQube
Hi,

I appreciate your diligence, but there's a dedicated group for SonarLint. Would you mind re-posting this there?

Thx,
Ann

rann.l...@gmail.com

May 24, 2018, 3:11:10 PM5/24/18
to SonarQube
Done.
Thank you for responding so quickly Ann. I think I know of you from StackOverflow.
BR,
Rann L.