'Synchronize issues' has encountered a problem - NPE when trying to connect Sonar Eclipse plugin to Sonar 5.2

kuba.bo...@gmail.com

Dec 3, 2015, 9:11:32 AM12/3/15
to SonarQube
Hi,
 the message isn't really helpful; stack trace:

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org
.sonar.ide.eclipse.wsclient.internal.SonarWSClientFacade.getUnresolvedRemoteIssuesRecursively(SonarWSClientFacade.java:170)
    at org
.sonar.ide.eclipse.core.internal.remote.RemoteSourceCode.getRemoteIssuesRecursively(RemoteSourceCode.java:107)
    at org
.sonar.ide.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.SynchronizeAllIssuesJob.doRefreshIssues(SynchronizeAllIssuesJob.java:131)
    at org
.sonar.ide.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.SynchronizeAllIssuesJob.fetchRemoteIssues(SynchronizeAllIssuesJob.java:120)
    at org
.sonar.ide.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.SynchronizeAllIssuesJob.run(SynchronizeAllIssuesJob.java:76)
    at org
.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

kuba.bo...@gmail.com

Dec 3, 2015, 9:19:22 AM12/3/15
to SonarQube, kuba.bo...@gmail.com
I've created a new workspace, removed all eclipse metadata from project and imported it into the new workspace from scratch. Added the server and when trying to run analysis I still get the same.

What gives?

kuba.bo...@gmail.com

Dec 3, 2015, 10:20:22 AM12/3/15
to SonarQube, kuba.bo...@gmail.com
Is a version check/readable message in the plugin itself so much to ask?

Looks like it's "The SonarQube Eclipse plugin does not work with SonarQube 5.2+. It is replaced by SonarLint for Eclipse."

Yeah, way to go.. unfortunately I read:
How to configure rules? - You can't for now.